Sunday, April 6, 2008

What they say -What it actually means!

Before you read this post , please remember that the views expressed are the author's own. They are my real life experiences therefore none of the views and interpretations expressed are fictional they are harsh realities of everyday life. I have made no attempt to sugarcoat any of it and I totally subscribe by all that has been written below . Your feedack is requested as usual.

What they say ? “You know , I don’t have time to do it”

What it actually means-This one is probably what one hears when you have requested some action from some other person. What the person is trying to say is –“Look buddy I do not want to do what you are asking” or “It is too low on my priority list and I am not going to get to it anytime soon or EVER”. This inference is from the central belief, that If I really wanted to do what you are asking me to do , I would have found some time and completed your request or if I did value you I would tell you why I will not be able to complete your request.

What they say ?“Thanks for inviting me , I will let you know”

What it actually means-This one probably means thanks for inviting me , your request is definitely something I will only oblige if I absolutely cannot find anything else to do and of course I will only confirm when I think it is right .
I will not spare consideration for the fact that you are trying to plan for 20 other people’s catering needs. Your request might also mean that you will probably pick me up, feed me and drop me back to my apartment but that will not cause me to think unselfishly and act in a manner that might just make it easier to do all of the above for me.

What they say ?“I am super busy”

What it actually means-Primarily this means is that I have no clue about what I am doing …my time management skills are non existent…I also like to let you know that I am struggling to cope with my roles and responsibilities assigned to me but I still like to pretend that I am obviously precariously close to solving all of the world’s problems with my minimal skill set….This also gives me some virtual exaggerated self worth which I hope helps create the public perception of me being the Boy/Gal Einstein that I like to believe that I am !!!

Thats all for now ...

1 comment:

Sandeep said...

I totally agree with

What they say ?“I am super busy”

nice analysis !!!